Isn’t it annoying when you go swimming and you get water in your ears? Or isn’t it the worst feeling ever to have an ear full of wax? These situations are not just excruciating but are also sensitive.
In case of water in your ears, you may try tilting your head the entire day but getting the entire water out is not easy. And let’s not even get started on how difficult it is to clean your ear on your own. Therefore, the best way to deal with these situations is to just get a bottle of ear drops.
Any ear drops from an c work well, provided you know exactly how to use them. But make sure to get a prescription from the doctor if you are not sure of your condition.
How safe are ear drops?
Irrespective of why you are using it, be it for ear wax, pain, or swimmer’s ears, ear drops from any Ear Drops Pharma franchise in India are generally considered to be safe. However, it is important to note that the eardrum is supposed to be intact and in good shape for you to use ear drops without worry.
In case, you have an eardrum with a small perforation, the medication would go into the middle ear which is not at all safe. Since these medications have hydrogen peroxide or alcohol in them, the middle ear may get severely irritated. Some medications may even damage your ear.
Therefore, it is best to take an expert’s opinion here.
How to use ear drops properly?
If you are using ear drops for the first time without any professional help, there are a few instructions that would come in handy for you. Read below to know more.
- Start by warming the ear drops’ bottle. Make sure that the medicine inside is not too cold or warm. As the drops in extreme temperature will cause dizziness the moment they enter your ear. Lukewarm is the right temperature.
- You may lie down while facing your infected ear upwards. This position will help you put the drops easily.
- Now, pull your ear so that the ear canal provides a straight path for the medicine to travel. Now, place the dropper on top of the ear canal and squeeze four to five drops of medicine into the ear canal.
- You can rub the outer portion of the ear to make sure the medicine is travel into the ear. Make sure to stay down for a few minutes.
- Get up and let any excess liquid fall out of the ear.
Using ear drops for the first time can be a little scary. Although, by following the steps mentioned above, the process can get a bit easier. If you are still nervous about the process, you may just get a healthcare expert to apply the Adrif Vision ear drops on you.